Phuket is one of Thailand’s booming destination spot as it offers a wide range of picture-perfect beaches, boasting of fine white sands, palm trees, coconut groves, glittering seas, and a vibrant town completing the hallmark-esque imagery.
Phuket Has Something Unique to Show for Everyone
Beyond being a beach bum’s paradise, it is also a hub of entertainment as tropical adventures, jungle exploration, island hopping, food markets, and the colorful nightlife make it an oasis for any type of tourist. Speaking of having something for any taste and budget, Phuket’s scenic atmosphere and lush greenery make it an excellent golfing destination.
Professional and enthusiasts travel from Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, and even Australia to make the most of the tropical island’s six diverse courses and competitive prices on 18 holes. Packing a diverse mix of activities to do and places to see in one getaway weekend, Phuket is the perfect holiday spot for your families, friends, and golf buddies.
Soak in Phuket’s All-Year-Round Tropical Climate
Alongside Phuket’s natural beauty and jaw-dropping shrines, the island is the perfect hub for activities that require families and friends to relish the great outdoors. With its sub-tropical location and all-year-round high temperature, families can spend the afternoon soaking the sun at marvelous beaches while golf-enthusiasts can play a few rounds of golf at Phuket’s finest courses. Here are different golf courses you should visit in your stay:
● Blue Canyon – twice the host of the Johnny Walker Classic and the first of which the famous Tiger Woods won his last days as an amateur golfer, Blue Canyon is without a doubt the most famous course in Phuket. It is also the hilliest of all clubs in
Phuket but boasts of two scenic 18-hole courses with hills and old tin lakes setting up a serene backdrop.
● Phuket Country Club – set on Phuket’s prime land with hillside surroundings and a view of the Kathu valley in the center of the island, Phuket Country Club is for businessmen looking for a luxurious change of pace to their hectic routine.
● Laguna Golf Club – a popular amenity of Phuket’s Laguna Integrated resort complex, it’s a hub of entertainment for the guests of one of the finest hotels in town. It strikes a visual balance as rehabilitated tin lagoons meet with new estates of private houses, giving a sophisticated yet cozy resort living impression.
● Loch Palms Golf Club – Situated into Phuket’s main mountain range, Loch Palms Golf Club is a 36-holes course that tracks over hillsides, beyond undulations with surround tin lagoons at the lower reaches.
● Mission Hills Golf Club – this is for those looking for a change of pace as Mission Hills Golf Club takes pride in its quiet charm. Placed far from the booming areas of Phuket, it is not without its merit as it offers awe-inspiring views from the coast all the way to the rock stack mountains of Phang Nga Bay.
● Phukana Golf Club – the latest and last addition to Phuket’s diverse golf courses, the 9-hole club adds an exciting feature to the otherwise quiet areas of the island’s southern areas.
The Bottom Line
Phuket is famous for its picturesque beaches and year-round tropical climate, but not many know that it’s also a hot destination spot for golfers around the globe. The golf courses are designed to maximize the island’s unique topography and warm weather, making it the perfect getaway weekend as you play golf around beautifully landscaped courses while the family can spend their time in Phuket’s famous beaches.
If you’re looking for a luxury villa in Phuket, get in touch with us today to see how we can help!