The Vijitt Resort Phuket uses Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras to record images inside the premises to safeguard lives and property. In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 2019, The Vijitt Resort Phuket collects and processes personal data, including data of employees, guests, or anyone entering the hotel premises.
1. Types of Data Collected
The Vijitt Resort Phuket collects and records images and audio through CCTV cameras when individuals enter the hotel premises. The hotel may collect, use, or disclose personal data from CCTV cameras. Purposes of CCTV Installation
2. Purposes of CCTV Installation
2.1.The hotel installs CCTV cameras to:
- Ensure the safety of lives and property, such as in the case of criminal activities.
- Protect property and prevent damage or disruption to hotel property.
- Support conflict resolution processes within the hotel.
- Assist in investigations or proceedings related to reported incidents.
- Verify individuals’ identities for compliance with applicable laws.
2.2. CCTV cameras are installed in easily visible areas, and the hotel does not place cameras in private areas, such as bathrooms or staff offices.
2.3. Signs are posted to indicate the presence of CCTV cameras.
3. Data Retention Period
3.1. CCTV cameras within The Vijitt Resort Phuket continuously record motion for 24 hours and automatically delete recorded footage after 30 days.
3.2. In cases requiring the use of CCTV data for investigations in legal proceedings, the hotel will retain the data until the conclusion of the investigation.
4. Security Measures The Vijitt Resort Phuket implements security measures to safeguard CCTV data, ensuring the appropriate protection of personal data. This includes administrative and technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to CCTV data and the personal information within it.
5. Requesting Access to CCTV Data
If employees, authorized personnel, or external individuals need to access CCTV data, they must follow these steps:
5.1 Fill out a request form for CCTV data access.
5.2 Once the form is received, it must be approved by the respective department’s authority.
5.3 Notify the CCTV system administrator to access the CCTV data. Access should be supervised by responsible personnel.
5.4In the case of requests from law enforcement, approval must be obtained from the highest authority in each department before providing access to CCTV data.
The Vijit Resort Phuket may refuse data requests if they violate the law or court orders or if granting access would compromise the rights and freedoms of others.
6. Contacting hotel If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or need to exercise your rights regarding personal data from CCTV cameras, please contact:
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
16 Moo 2, Viset Road, Rawai, Muang, Phuket, Thailand 83130
Data Protection Officer Email: email@example.com